Freemasons for Dummies (Paperback)
Email or call for availability
Take the mystery out of the Freemasons
Fascinated by Freemasons? Freemasons For Dummies is the internationally bestselling introduction to the Masons, the oldest and largest secret society in the world. This balanced, eye-opening guide demystifies Freemasonry, explaining everything from its elaborate rituals and cryptic rites, to its curious symbols and their meanings.
With new and improved content, including updated examples and references throughout, this new edition of Freemasons For Dummies provides the most straightforward, non-intimidating guide to the subject on the market.
- Updated expert coverage of the basic beliefs and philosophy behind Freemasonry
- Revised information on the history of the society, including updates concerning its founding, famous historical members, and pivotal events
- New coverage devoted to the recent influx of younger membership
- The latest and ongoing controversies and myths surrounding Freemasonry
- The role of women in a Masonic organization, including opportunities for women to participate in Freemasonry
- The effects cultural and political changes and worldwide events are having on the organization
If you're intrigued by the mystery that surrounds the Masons, get ready to learn the facts about this ancient order in Freemasons For Dummies.
About the Author
Christopher Hodapp has been an active Freemason and board member in his home state of Indiana for many years and holds memberships in several national Masonic organizations. He has written numerous articles and has contributed to several documentaries about Masonry. He is editor of the Journal of the Masonic Society and has authored and co-authored several books on the topic including The Templar Code For Dummies and Conspiracy Theories & Secret Societies For Dummies.