Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
1,700 miles of vibrant cities, coastal towns, and glittering ocean views: Embark on your epic PCH journey with Moon Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire three-week route or follow suggestions for shorter getaways to Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best beaches, views, restaurants, and more, you'll cruise by sky-scraping redwoods, misty green rain forests, and the black sands of the Lost Coast. Slurp fresh-caught oysters, order up Julia Child's favorite street tacos, or kick back with a craft beer. Dance down rainbow-colored streets in San Francisco's Castro District, tour Seattle's underground old city, and see the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Maps and Driving Tools: 48 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Local Expertise: Californian Ian Anderson shares his love of the open road
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for seniors, travelers with disabilities, and road trippers with kids
Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Seattle, Moon Portland, Moon San Diego, or Moon Los Angeles.
About the Author
Born in Oregon and based in California, Ian Anderson has been road-tripping up and down the West Coast since before he could see over the steering wheel. Over the past two decades, he's lived in Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego, logging more than ten thousand miles on coastal highways, mostly looking for great food, beautiful beaches, and fun surf.
Ian is currently based in San Diego, covering "America's Finest City" as a reporter, beer writer, and restaurant critic for the San Diego Reader. He's written for websites, magazines, and books on topics ranging from music to preserving the environment, but for the most part, Ian's expertise matches his interests-chief among them exploring sights, sounds, and flavors of the west coast-and bringing these experiences to life for readers.